Madrid, the capital of Spain, is a cosmopolitan city that combines the most modern infrastructures and the status as an economic, financial, administrative and service center, with a large cultural and artistic heritage, a legacy of centuries of exciting history.
The Real Madrid is the most successful team in Spanish football and was voted by FIFA as the most successful club of the 20th century, having won a record 31 La Liga titles, 17 Spanish "Copa del Rey" Cups, eight Spanish Super Cups, and a record 10 UEFA Champions Leagues.
MAP OF CENTRAL MADRID
Day 1, Thursday
Pick up at Madrid Airport and transfer to hotel. After check-in we will enjoy a panoramic visit to Madrid city center visiting the most representative monuments of the capital of Spain.
We propose for dinner the unique gastro experience in the Mercado de San Miguel, an open space grocery market where one can find various bars, cellars and a great variety of tapas stalls where to enjoy fresh market produce at your leisure.
Day 2, Friday.
Santiago Bernabeu Visit.Guided Visit to Santiago Bernabeu Stadium: We will have access to the panoramic view from one of the four towers, to The Presidential Balcony, reserved for Real Madrid Board Members, and the place where numerous Real Madrid captains have received many of the titles the team has won, and, of course, to the players tunnel, benches and dressing rooms.
We will have lunch inside the stadium, in the fantastic Puerta 57 restaurant.
Day 3, Saturday
Free morning to visit museums, shopping, etc.
“Día de partido”. Enjoy the match!
Day 4, Sunday
We will visit the Royal Palace, the official residence of the King of Spain
After such a visit we need to recover energies and for that we will have lunch at the best restaurant in Madrid to enjoy the typical Cocido Madrileño. One of the restaurants that best represents the flavor of downtown “Madrid de los Austrias”.
In the evening, we will enjoy a dinner and flamenco show in Casa Patas: Casa Patas is a tavern-restaurant and flamenco performance space located in the center of Madrid. It is considered an exemplar of excellence in the World of Flamenco.
This unique establishment successfully combines quality gastronomy based on superior raw materials prepared according to traditional Spanish recipes with a varied program of live Flamenco shows of the highest quality.
Day 5, Monday: Transfer to the airport.
HOTEL VILLAMAGNA, 5*
The glorious past of the luxury Hotel Villa Magna in Madrid is evident in countless details of classic elegance. In the last century, where this comfortable, modern building stands today on the Paseo de la Castellana, was the Palace of Anglada. The palace, with its Moorish influence, was built around a courtyard styled on the Lions of the Alhambra in Granada and was restored by the very same architect as this replica. It was splendidly furnished with exquisite works of art, marble and sumptuous upholstery. Written records spoke of the harmony and style of the building, as well as the magnificent fiestas which were held in its gardens.
A New Life
However, its beauty did not save the palace from demolition in the 1960`s. Thankfully an entrepreneur had the dream of building a grand hotel on the same site with the same sophistication. It would once again be a place for high society to meet and a significant centre for business. When the Hotel opened in May 1972 its guests soon realised that this was not just another hotel: it had once again become their “home in Madrid”.
In 2007, the Villa Magna closed its doors in order to undergo an extensive renovation. The result is the luxury hotel you see today: a spacious, bright hotel where Empire chairs, Bauhaus concepts and Chinese screens combine to create a welcoming and luxurious atmosphere. It has become a modern hotel par excellence set apart thanks to the exquisite care of the staff. A happy ending to a historic story.
HOTEL VÍA CASTELLANA, 4*
Probably one of the best located hotels in Madrid: positioned on Paseo de la Castellana, next to Chamartín train station, surrounded by the leading companies, banks and ministries, very near Santiago Bernabéu stadium and with easy and agile access to the airport and the historic centre of Madrid.
PRICES: Contact Us for current pricing.
· 4 nights bed and breakfast in Hotel Vía Castellana (4*) or Hotel Villa Magna (5*)
· Visits to Santiago Bernabeu and Royal Palace. Flamenco Spectacle.
· Lunches: Puerta 57. La Bola.
· Dinners: tapas first night, sandwich match day (depending on the time for the match), flamenco restaurant.
· Transport during all the stay: 50 seats BUS
· Tour coordinator during all the stay, English speaking.
Does not include:
· Tickets for football match, they will be ordered when the group is confirmed.
· Personal travel insurance (however as a registered and fully bonded operator EGT complies with all legal/insurance requirements), tips, and meals/drinks outside the listed above.
· Does not include lunch for first and third day, nor dinners for second day (we will recommend tapas bars or restaurants).
Note: meals can be rearranged to cater for dietary/religious requirements.
General terms & conditions
This document does not constitute a contract between EGT Tours and any other company.
· 30% deposit non refundable on acceptance of the itinerary with prices.
· Balance payment at least one week in advance.
· Hotels, restaurants and visits subjects to availability
· Prices are subject to availability at the time of booking
· Program may have some variations, and that our itinerary always depend of the day of the match (usually on Saturday or Sunday)